include "includes/preload.inc"; ?>
(click to enlarge thumbnails)
What follows is Rick Snell's narrative of the trip route. We picked the option without the Fox Island portion.
Day 1 Sat.
- Put-in at Hartley Bay and paddle to island campsite
Day 2 Sun.
- Paddle to campsite in Western Outlet
Day 3 Mon.
- Paddle Voyageur Channel or Old Voyageur Channel into Cross Channel, camp above Devil Door Rapid
- @15km + lift overs + short portages (long day)
Day 4 Tues.
- Paddle Cross Channel or directly to Georgian Bay(weather & water conditions dependant) to campsite on Obstacle Island (long day)
- @15km + lift overs + short portages(if Cross Channel Route)
Day 5 Wed.
- Lay-over on Obstacle Island or (option b) rest till noon and short paddle to Fox Island
Day 6 Thurs.
- Paddle to Fox Islands, camp on island campsite or (option b) rest till noon and return to Obstacle Island campsite
Day 7 Fri.
- Paddle to campsite at intersection of Western Outlet and Main Channel via the Eastern Outlet
- @11 to 17km depending on option + 250m portage (long day)
Day 8 Sat.
- Paddle to Harley Bay and take-out
Note: this plan is subject to changes due to water and weather conditions